Sunday, July 13, 2008

Taj Green Cove

Looking back towards the Leela (white building on the headland) from Samudra Beach - the closest beach to the Taj Green Cove.














View towards the ocean from the Taj's poolside restaurant.







The Taj Green Cove is the other high-end hotel in the area. It is north of the Leela and is – in my mind – nowhere near as nice. It is set back in the coconut palms and therefore has only a distant view of the ocean (see below). I went for coffee the other day and not only was it more expensive (130 Rs with tax for a probably bottomless cup – I say probably since I had two cups and that was plenty for me but probably could have had more) but I only got 3 biscuits with it (instead of 4 at the Leela). Of course part of my disenchantment may have been because the very pleasant bathrooms contained a scale (the bathroom is obviously for use by patrons of the spa since it has towels, lockers etc) and I was foolish enough to weigh myself. I won't divulge the number except to say that the weight loss I enjoyed last year is not happening this time! Too much thali I guess.