Friday, June 13, 2008

Monsoon missing in Kovalam (suspected to have absconded to Mumbai)

I must admit that I am getting a bit tired of waiting for the rumoured monsoon which has yet to put in much of an appearance. These photos seem to indicate that the prophesied event is soon to arrive but in fact we have had only about 30 minutes of hard, steady rain happening over the space of several days (although there was one night in May where it just pelted down for hours). I don't seem to be acclimatizing very successfully although I am finding sleeping much easier. There was some unseasonal rain in March this year (which apparently ticked off the tourists here then to no end) and so perhaps the monsoon won't be coming at all this year or in perhaps in a very abbreviated form. I live in hope however, of days of cooling rain, some really wonderful fierce storms and raging winds.